A cake is always a great happiness agent which is eaten during all our major festivals and occasions. The beautiful amalgamation of flour, butter, sugar, eggs (optional), and flavors creates an instant happiness among people. The world of cakes is a very big one and with time new recipes and types of cakes have been introduced which won our hearts. But there are only a few of them which have stood the test of time and remained a forever favorite. Black Forest cake is one such cake type which is a dear one among many age groups and is ordered quite often.
With the emergence of online shopping, many things have become easier. You can go with an online order of Black Forest cakes when surprise guests have dropped at your place or when you are just craving for it. But it is always a great feeling to bake a great cake right at home. This write up is all about sharing the smart recipe for a black forest cake which can be made without an oven.
Ingredients for Cake:
All-purpose flour: 1 cup
Baking Powder: 1 Tsp
Powdered Sugar: 1 Cup
Vanilla Essence: ½ Tsp
Baking Soda: ½ Tsp
Cocoa Powder: ½ Cup
Unsalted Butter: 1 Tsp
Oil: ½ Cup
Fresh Cherries: 5-6 to top the cake
Ingredients for Frosting:
Cold Milk: 1 and ½ Cup
Icing Sugar: 5 Tsp
Whipping Powder: 3 Sachet
Ingredients for Decoration:
Vanilla or Chocolate Vermicelli
Chocolate Shavings – Use a vegetable peeler and shave a chilled Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate
Process of Making Black Forest Cake without Oven:
- Beat the eggs and powdered sugar in a blender and keep in a big bowl where you can prepare the batter.
- Add the oil and give a good stir so that the oil doesn’t float.
- Mix all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda well. Slowly add this dry cake mix in the egg mixture and whisk it very well. Then add the vanilla essence which will cut down the smell of raw eggs.
- Grease the baking tray well with butter and sprinkle some all-purpose flour. The flour would not let the cake to stick.
- Convert the prepared cake mix into the greased pan.
- Heat a non-stick vessel with lid and put the flame low when it turns very hot. Keep the cake pan inside and cover. Cook it for 40-60 minutes in a low flame. You can check in half time inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, your cake is baked.
- Cool the baked cake completely for an hour. Now cut the cake horizontally and keep it aside.
- Now you have to spread the whipped cream over one half of the cake. Spread some chopped fresh cherries and cover with the other half of the cake.
- Now use the rest of the whipped cream to cover the whole cake so that the cake looks white in color.
- If you want to design the cake, you can put some whipped cream into a piping bag and go for it. Sprinkle the chocolate shavings all over the cake along with vanilla or chocolate vermicelli. Finally, top with whole cherries and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Process of Frosting the Black Forest Cake:
- While your cake is being baked, use the time to prepare the frosting. For an easy and effective frosting, keep the mixing bowl, hand whiskers, and wire whiskers in refrigerator for half an hour.
- In the bowl, take whipping powder, cold milk and whisk it until it becomes soft and peaks are formed.
- Put the icing sugar in the mix for that extra sweetness. Store this whipped cream in refrigerator and take it out when your cake is ready to be decorated. So our super moist fluffy perfect black forest cake on the stove top is ready.
Keep the process same and replace the all-purpose flour with wheat flour and include 1-2 Tsp of lemon juice to get an eggless Black Forest Cake.